Sunday 5 June 2011

Juneathon, days 3 and 4

A double whammy since I've been all over the place again! I went for my first run since the marathon on Friday morning. It was absolutely lovely to be plodding away again. I managed to do 2.62 miles in 30 minutes, and was starting to think I was massively unfit since I was sweating loads...then I realised it was actually very hot! My back didn't hurt at all, so I was thrilled with this run. I went down the canal and saw lots of ducks, it was wonderful. When we moved into our last place I wasn't a runner, and had no sense of where I was until I started running. It's wonderful way to explore, so I'm looking forward to discovering various bits of this area now that we've settled into the flat a bit. Yesterday (Saturday) wasn't a massive achievement in terms of exercise, unless you can count lugging heavy bookshelves around and putting together flat-pack furniture! I did manage to squeeze in a few sit-ups and various other strength exercises, but I never feel like I've done an awful lot when I do them, which is why I much prefer cardio. This was all followed by me going out for my leaving do from work, getting massively drunk, coming home and being sick, which did have the effect of giving me a nice flat tummy this morning! Every cloud...

No comments:

Post a Comment